An update…..The control box is complete (i think). I have added separate switches to manually control each valve and the pump. This will make it easier to prime the pump and for cleaning the system. I’m pretty happy with it. It looks nice and clean on the outside, although the inside is a jungle of wires.
As for the system itself, after getting it all together and testing it I realized that I had some design issues. When planning it out on paper, i had planned to connect each valve with silicon tubing. This was a nightmare as the tubing was always kinking and causing problems. So I took it all apart and hard plumbed everything (not sure why I didnt do that in the first place!!). The tubing now only runs out of the system to each vessel.
I’m having a bit of an issue priming the pump, but hopefully I can remedy that with the switches I just installed. It system looks like a complete mess, and it is. After I get all the testing done, I will re-route all of the wires and installed a plug so it can be easily connected and disconnected from the control box.
All of the leaks are gone and I think I can actually do a full test with water and see how it goes. Hopefully I can actually brew with it soon!!!
I also finished upgrading the mash tun. To work with the new system I needed both an ‘IN’ and ‘OUT’ manifold to recirculate the wort.
Here are a couple pictures (some are out of focus, sorry).